Scott & Sunny

Scott & Sunny

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Benji is a Star


Some of you may remember when the picture above was taken. It was back shortly after Scott's diagnosis. It is Scott with Benji, one of the treatment dogs at the hospital. Scott had the distinction of being Benji's first patient ever. I can tell you it certainly perked Scott up that day, and has each time he's visited to date (along with the other treatment dogs that work at St. Joe's). Hopefully Benji doesn't get an ego, because he's made an PetsIncredible.com video! You can view the video at this link:
I'm glad, and I know Scott is glad there are people like the Gould's that do these things on their own, in their free time. Before watching the video I knew Benji was rescued, but not the details. It seems odd, as our cat Booger was dumped out of a car in the exact same manner at a gas station one day while I was filling up. I also did not know Benji's mom Jill lost her first husband to cancer.
A huge thanks to Cary and Jill. We have a son that gets his hospital days brightened with their efforts. They, and their dog do make a difference.


No comments: