Scott & Sunny

Scott & Sunny

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Overtime loss

Scott says his sports curse continues. Seems every game we go to, the team he wants to win doesn't. Lightning lost in overtime 2-1. But the guys had fun. Oddly, it was Brad Richards that scored the only Lightning goal of the game.

Brad's mother stopped by the suite before the game. Then we also met his dad afterwards. Which is sort of odd, as I sat right next to them at Game 7 in 2004 when the Lightning won the Stanley Cup.

Afterwards, we got taken downstairs. While down there the boys got to meet Richards, Marty St. Louis, Vinny Lecavalier, Eric Perrin, Ryan Craig, Nick Tarnasky, Doug Janik, Cory Sarich, Paul Ranger, Filip Kuba, Marc Denis and Stephanie's favorite little Ukranian - Ruslan Fedotenko.

We have some pictures, but I can't upload them from here at work. I'll have to do it from home.

They also got themselves Richy's Rascals shirts, but the boys had the players all sign their jerseys. Everyone involved with the night was very nice, and just wanted to make sure the boys enjoyed their night. Two other families were in the suite as well. All the players were great with the kids, and now Derry realizes Marty St. Louis is no taller than him.

3 comments:

Carolyn, aka Lady said...

What a great experience for all of you! I am so glad you got to meet all those players. I am not a big hockey fan, but was that like the whole team or something!? This is enough to get me hooked if the sport is made of these kind of wonderful, sharing people.

Lots of Love
Carolyn

Grandmama said...

I know you all had a great time.
You know I do not know anything about the sport . But like Carolyn said I could learn if this Sport is made up of this kind of guys.
I know David had as much fun as the boys.

Love To All Of You
Grandmama

Piper said...

There is no better medicine than a big dose of happy.

I'm sure the memory of such an outstanding evening will take Scott a long way.

Vlad now Ruslan. :)