Scott & Sunny

Scott & Sunny

Friday, November 7, 2008

Its been a long and exhausting day and it's not over yet.
His temperature is getting very close to the dreaded number of 100.4 and even with all his aches and pains I have had to refuse tylenol w/codeine. It's too risky to take with a possible fever on the way as it will mask a high temperature and vital time could be lost. Not only that but after consulting with Dr Google I have learned that Neurontin can increase the effects from tylenol and from ativan. This could very well be why he is so groggy and lethargic. I would so very much like to throw the Neurontin out the bloody window but was told to keep going with the stuff. Besides which he cant go cold turkey as it could lead to seizures. So we plod on with it and ditch the pain meds, this did not please Scott one little bit.
He is still very drowsy and has been wanting peace and quiet. Basically he wants me to back off and leave him alone.
However, I have been in his face all day long. Pushing him to walk, to eat, to do anything but sleep. I am gonna feel so darn bad if he is fighting something and I have refused him the rest that perhaps he really does need.
I have tried massage pads and rubbing his legs, I have tried getting him to drink coke and eat chocolate in the hope it will geek him up, all sorts of stuff.
He just isnt himself at all.

No comments: