Scott & Sunny

Scott & Sunny

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stoned

Another Thursday, another visit to the beloved clinic. And yet again, high bilirubin.
I didnt make it to clinic today as I had a bit of a problem. I was rooted to the bed! I woke up at 4.38am and couldnt move, not only was I stuck but I really really needed to pee!! I wont go into all the gory details but it took almost two hours, and the threat of an ambulance before I just decided that I needed to pee more than I cared about fracturing my spine, so with a bit of a swear and lots of bravery (LOL) I just sort of threw myself onto the floor (in a dignified manner ofcourse) and crawled forth, toilet bound. And got stuck there too.
So anyway my wonderful husband gave me the day off clinic duty but before he left with the boys he gave me two magic beans (which had probably been sold to him by a rather strange and wizened old man down by the chemo shop). So off they trot, I swallow the beans and before you know it Im flat on my back, cant move a muscle and spaced out of my skull. I would tell you all about my wonderful trip but cant remember a thing except that my telly had morphed into some freak spilling portal. Oh well, maybe now I understand my sister a little better. Ahahahahaha, she's gonna kill me for that!
By the time David and Scott got back from the clinic I was feeling pretty darn chipper, poor David's nerves were shot at having spent 5 hours surrounded by nervous cancer parents and lots and lots of pesky little children, and Scott was having a full scale roid raging meltdown. Then Derry got home, grunted at us and plugged himself into the World of Warcraft.
Later David took me to the chiropractor and she had the cheek to tell me I "had a knot" .. snort... I dont think so!! Several dislocated vertebrae perhaps, but not a knot. She slapped me around a bit, gave me a bill (and David a lecture on magic beans!) and told me to come back in a few days ... for another bill!
Just another day in Paradise.

3 comments:

Piper said...

Backs are the craziest things. Everything is fine one day and the next you are rooted to the bed. I know I've been there. It's just dreadful.

I'd be careful about taking magic beans from middle aged men - could be the kind that make stalks grow. : )

You want real relief? Accupunture.

Lots of love to you Sunshine
xoxoxox
S.

Jerry in Tampa said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way around!


Jerry in Tampa

Unknown said...

i have no idea what you mean....i don't have a telly..?#*&?