Last night's 1 a.m. reading came back at 0.2.
Yes, it went UP.
Then back down to 0.11 at 1 pm today.
So deja vu - he we sit awaiting another 1 a.m. result to be freed. Which is okay, except tomorrow morning is clinic day again. Which means regardless of release orders, Scott is due his 5th pair of Elspar shots in his legs. So he'll have to get those and be held for at least 2 hours afterwards.
I don't know how people that have to travel long distances to their hospital would deal with all this waiting and uncertainty regarding release days.
Some folks have inquired to me - "how do all of you deal with this?" I looked them dead in the eye and respond quite clearly:
"I don't know. You just do it on some type of automatic functioning."
None of us certainly think straight right now. You just go day by day. Or test by test. There is no beginning, middle or end - just a continual stream of issues.
Scott had a visit today from a few of the TECO folks that I work with. They loaded him up with a big bucket full of goodies. Lots of chocolates. PSP games. Trucks. Bears. A wallet with some cash in it. A very thoughtful thing from some folks that, other than pictures, had never laid eyes on Scott.
Not even going to say we're hoping he gets sprung in the morning (obviously we want that everyday). Maybe we're putting a jinx on the poor kid. If he makes it out tomorrow, it's only 2 weeks until the next - and last - round of this high-dose Methotrexate mess.
We'll all be glad to see it go.