Scott & Sunny

Scott & Sunny

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well it’s been another rough week for little Scotty boy. I’m sure you’re sick of reading about his woes and I’m sure sick of writing about it, so I won’t detail all those weird and wonderful side effects anymore. He got through it, that’s the main thing.
Today was clinic … yeah big surprise huh.. and his blood work looked okay so he got another load of chemo. The anc and hemoglobin were a bit low considering where they were at last week but its getting to that point where nothing surprises me anymore.
I have obsessed with those lab numbers now for almost 2 years, scrutinized every ebb and flow and looked for patterns when there isn’t one. Sometimes they cause me to breathe a great big sigh of relief, other times it’s a case of sucking in air and holding it for 7 days, the ‘R’ word walking beside you every step of the way. Cancer sucks and so does the treatment.
But anyway, life trickles on.

1 comment:

Piper said...

I'm sick of nothing - except perhaps the devil that is cancer itself.

I'm sure we are all here for a similiar purpose - to keep updated about Scott, to be a cyber shoulder for you to lean upon, an ear to air your grievances to and to have a place to express our love and concern for you all.

It all sucks - not least of which that someone Scott's age can pronounce "oncologist" let alone see one weekly.

Let the faucet trickle. Life must be lived, such as it is. Live it in spite of the crap. Give a big ole F you to cancer.

Lots of love to you!!!!
xoxox
S.