Scott & Sunny

Scott & Sunny

Sunday, July 20, 2008

For the second consecutive day the sun is shining in our little corner of Florida. We have had endless days of grey skies and rain, rain and more rain, which only the weeds in my snake-pit of a garden seem to enjoy.
We want to go somewhere and do something, we have cabin fever and if we don’t get out sometime soon the next catastrophe in our lives could end up being familicide. It could get ugly. Who will snap first is the million dollar question. We have all the comforts of a 21st century life. A jumbo TV, a PS3 (PS2 and PSP), an Xbox360, computers, toys and games galore, we had a Wii but it sucked so we sold it, we even have a pool. I am so bored I even made breakfast this morning.
We are not terribly exciting people it has to be said, all we want is a little freedom, fresh air and ice-cream. But it would now seem that we are stranded. The cumulative effect of chemo and the recent increased doses are wreaking havoc on Scott’s guts. The poor kid is suffering through one day after another with what Activia term so nicely “irregularity’ – LOL. I won’t go into graphic detail, I am sure you get the idea. He is miserable, sore, uncomfortable and very, very pissed off with this whole ordeal. He no longer wants to swim or walk with me in the evenings, it seems he is hunkering down, doing his time, and waiting for this to pass.
I pray (and I use that term loosely) that in just over 8 months this will be over and his body can slowly but surely start to release all the toxins, recover and heal. I know that I shouldn’t be whining and should be grateful he is home rather than in a hospital bed, and yes I am relieved, but even when things are going ‘well’, for most children this is still a cruel and nasty disease to treat.
I wrote a few weeks ago that we would be battening down the hatches, we have and we are, it would just be nice to come up for a little air once in a while.
As I was writing this Scott managed to find his harmonica, oh dear, it’s going to be a looooonnng day!

No comments: